Who we are
Humanstate is a technology services group with two product platforms, GivenGain and PayProp. GivenGain is a fundraising platform dedicated to enabling global philanthropy by providing cutting-edge tools to charities, fundraisers, event organisers and donors. PayProp is a fast-growing international B2B brand that provides state-of-the-art solutions to the real estate sector.
Giving back is in our DNA, which is why we keep reminding ourselves that to give is better than to receive. As part of our team, you will have a chance to participate in many exciting community initiatives for the causes you love.
Business challenge and skills requirement
We are looking to scale our business by creating brand awareness and generating qualified leads for our sales teams in new and existing markets. We need someone who is experienced across multiple advertising channels to help us grow our brands.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Digital Marketing Specialist to join our
high-performing team to assist in the planning, execution and optimisation of our online marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things marketing and technology. You will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding digital marketing and how the various channels can become strong assets in our goal to secure continued strong growth in revenue. You will be tech-savvy and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce our marketing campaigns, with a strong focus on e-mail marketing.
You’ll collaborate with a brilliant and dedicated team of marketing specialists, product designers, copywriting and communication specialists, and stakeholders across the organisation. A can-do attitude along with genuine enthusiasm will put you right at the front of the queue.
Delivery & implementation
- Plan, develop and execute impactful and targeted e-mail campaigns, both ad hoc and automated, to generate leads and drive client retention
- Implement a marketing automation strategy and lead nurturing campaigns
- Help to build and execute a robust e-mail strategy including the development and ongoing optimisation of automated customer journey programmes and data-driven communications
- Provide creative ideas for content marketing
- Assist with creative content writing
- Create and manage a process for testing e-mail campaigns, analysing results and reporting back to the Head of Marketing
- Build and optimise advertising campaigns on multiple digital marketing platforms including CPC and social networks to drive website traffic, and ensure that all biddable channels are delivering against their KPIs
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to develop a longer-term strategy across e-mail and paid channels
- Maintain partnerships with media agencies and vendors and assist with event planning
Analyse & report
- Complete daily performance checks to ensure campaigns are running effectively and
- Show initiative in identifying areas for improvement in our various accounts by presenting findings and ideas for growth to the Head of Marketing
- Optimise performance and implement paid campaign best practices
- Keep up to date with trends, tools and thought leadership in paid search, paid social and other paid channels
- 3 years’ experience executing digital marketing campaigns for B2B clients
- Analytically minded with the ability to interpret data and identify trends
- Eager to improve knowledge and skills through continuous training
- A commitment to high-quality output and service, with impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency creating campaigns on social media platforms such as Facebook Business Managers and Google Ads
- Experience working on nurture campaigns
- Innovative, thinks outside the box, enjoys testing and trying new approaches to validate hypotheses
- Able to derive actionable insights from results
- In-depth knowledge of the Google & Bing Ads platforms and experience with YouTube advertising
- Complete the necessary specialist qualification, e.g. Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and all relevant search qualifications
- Knowledge of all social media platforms
- Understanding of data management e.g audience segmentation & targeting recommendations
- E-mail marketing experience – using HubSpot, preferably
What you can expect from us
- We’re a distributed company so you can work from anywhere in South Africa, supported by a suitable environment and communications infrastructure. Most of the rest of our brand team is located at various locations near London, UK, where we also have a shared office space, but we have developed excellent processes for working from anywhere.
- A great working environment with highly talented teams in 5 countries.
- 12 extra days’ paid leave per year under our CSR initiative. Arrange time off with your manager in addition to your annual leave to volunteer for a charity of your choice!
Direct reporting line: Head of Marketing