"Choose a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life."
At Humanstate, we live by this mantra. As a thriving multinational technology group with a large presence in South Africa, we’re looking for local tech talent to help us change the world!
Our two industry platforms, PayProp and GivenGain, are world leaders in their sectors. With PayProp, we've automated over $2bn in rental property payments. GivenGain works with thousands of charities and some of the world’s largest mass participation events, including the Cape Town Marathon and Boston Marathon, to help participants raise money for the causes they care about. And we're just getting started.
In 2020 we implemented a distributed work policy to enable us to work just as effectively (if not more so) wherever we are – whether from home, at the office or on the go. Our team is multinational and works from around the world, so good written and verbal English and brilliant communication skills are essential.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career, communicate well, enjoy a challenge and fit the job spec below, we want to hear from you!
As a growing payment technology business in South Africa, the UK, Switzerland, Canada, and the USA, part of a global group, we are looking for an experienced Payment Specialist fluent in Perl to support the ongoing development and rapid growth of our platform.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Prototype product features based on business requirements;
- Expand and maintain a payment infrastructure integrated with banks, credit cards and other payment providers;
- Maintain and enhance the monitoring of the payment infrastructure and processes;
- Assist with internal financial and reconciliation teams enquiries;
- Manage technical relationship with payment providers;
- Develop, test, debug, maintain and refactor product features;
- Help refactor existing processes and workflows to improve availability and performance;
- Through code reviews and training, help other members of the team to grow;
- Analyse business and technical requirement and develop solutions, taking into account variable aspects, such as performance, scalability, ease of maintenance;
- Develop, update and maintain technical documentation;
- Provide internal support for system-related questions and issues;
- Participate in R&D of new technology trends and tools.
- 8+ years building and maintaining automated payment systems integrated with various payment providers
- Strong experience payment networks and systems like credit card, Faster Payments, BACS/Direct Debit, US ACH, Canadian EFT, UK Open Banking, PDS2
- Strong experience with bank file formats like ISO 20022, SWIFT MT940/942 & NACHA ACH
- 8+ years Perl coding both back-end and front-end systems
- Excellent modern OO Perl (Moose, Mouse, Moo)
- Strong Perl ORM (DBIx::Class)
- Experienced with testing (Test::Harness, Test::More, Test::Most) and continuous integration
- Very strong experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripts
- Strong MySQL & PostgreSQL knowledge
- Strong experience with Git
- Write & maintain technical documentation
- Very strong attention to detail
- Minimum 10 years professional experience
- Excellent English communication skills
- Passionate about learning new technologies, especially payment related ones
- Experience writing and deploying code in a DevOps environment
- Experience with security and PCI compliance
- Strong understanding of how software technical decisions impact paying customers and the business as a whole