The Humanstate Group ("Humanstate") is an international private technology services group that combines state-of-the-art Web-based applications with on-demand payment processing.
Our brands include GivenGain, a Swiss-based non-profit foundation that works to enable global philanthropy, and PayProp, a payment services platform for residential rental professionals.
We’re a small team with big responsibilities – Humanstate employs around 150 professionals in South Africa, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Canada, and the United States, and processes nearly two billion Pounds Sterling annually.
We are inspired and united by the drive to create great user experiences and delightful digital products. We like complex challenges, we like to do new things, and we like people who are excited by their work.
Visit www.humanstate.com for more information.
This is a full-time, permanent, remote-first position with responsibility for full-cycle accounting and administration of several companies on a separate and consolidated basis.
You will be working alongside 4 team members and reporting to the Head of Financial Control, while also performing tasks for the local Head of Finance. Humanstate is growing fast and this will open up great career development opportunities.
It is a broad, hands-on role and you will be expected to proactively solve problems, recommend and implement solutions, and exercise good business judgment while performing your duties.
- Manage and perform all accounting functions for several companies
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported in a timely manner
- Manage payroll and pension scheme administration
- Manage payments to suppliers and other employee-related payments
- Prepare and monitor cost allocations within functions and departments
- Compile separate and consolidated management reports with business insights and recommendations
- Perform analysis to compile results, identify trends, and assist with financial forecasts
- Assist with preparation of budgets and cash flows for several companies
- Drive and manage system improvements (incl. NetSuite) and changes in the Finance function
- Complete and file statutory returns, including corporate tax, VAT, PAYE etc.
- Assist with the compilation of separate and consolidated statutory accounts
- Manage the financial audit process for companies – liaising externally with auditors and tax compliance professionals
- Corporate secretarial work - liaising with internal and external legal and advisory resources
- Other tasks/projects, as required
- Top academic performer studying towards, or with, a CA(SA) designation (or equivalent)
- 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience within a fast-growing multinational company
- Strong NetSuite ERP systems affinity and knowledge is advantageous
- Strong Excel analysis and modelling skills is advantageous
- Strong IFRS skills as well as consolidation, multi-company and multi-currency experience
- Superb attention to detail, yet possessing an understanding of the ‘big picture’
- Driven, proactive, high-energy, highly visible, and customer service-focused
- Great written and verbal communication, organisation and time management skills
- Excellent team player who is very comfortable working with employees in other countries as part of a globally distributed team (involving regular daily video calls and messages)
Conditions of employment
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit record
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transport