PayProp is a fast-growing international FinTech organisation providing Software as a Service (SaaS) to the Real Estate industry. Since 2004, it has grown quickly to become a leader in rental payment processing and back-office automation for the property management industry. Today we serve a large and diverse customer base of property managers and agents. Our platform sets the standard for speed and accuracy of transaction processing as well as posting and reconciliation of pay-outs, offering property managers complete transactional control and regulatory compliance. PayProp is part of the Humanstate Group, an international private technology services group headquartered in the United Kingdom with subsidiaries in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, and South Africa.
PayProp is seeking an energetic Head of Finance for our South African business. Our office is based in Stellenbosch, however, employees are allowed to work remotely in accordance with the company's policies on distributed work. The successful candidate will be a qualified chartered accountant with 5 - 10 years of post-qualification experience – preferably in a high-tech global organisation. The candidate will be a driven, high-energy, customer service-focused individual who can work well with internal and external customers at all levels.
This is a broad, senior role and you will be expected to problem-solve, recommend and implement solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing your duties. In addition, you will be required to drive and implement change projects in the wider Group Finance function.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Group CFO in the UK and local CEO in South Africa.
- The Head of Finance (HoF) is the owner, custodian and representative for all financial aspects in the country with full responsibility for Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Liquidity.
- The HoF is responsible to the CFO as the financial custodian of the Group for implementing the Group finance strategy locally.
- Close collaboration with other internal departments and market recipients is needed to:
- use and analyse internal data, prepared from the Central Finance team,
- assess the efficiency and profitability of different departments, products, and customers,
- Conduct competitor research and provide market analysis to guide the strategic direction of the company.
- As a financial business expert, the HoF:
- advises the local CEO in terms of revenue potential and cost challenges,
- provides guidance in relation to pricing in the local market in line with the group pricing structure,
- Prepares and presents quarterly financial- and business updates to Shareholders and/or the Group’s Executive,
- Manage deposit investment strategy, liquidity and FAIS related functions in collaboration with PayProp Capital (Pty) Ltd
- is responsible for business growth and efficiency: He/ She presents business cases to the CFO and local CEO to allow further investments, new products or services and optimisation (e.g., improving sales performance, marketing, change in headcount).
- Expert in all local and regulatory requirements
- Budget and Forecast based on a centrally provided model.
- Resolving Client Money / Bank related customer payment issues
- Prepares and presents financial- and business reports to Enterprise Clients (Real Estate Franchisors)
- Controls Payments of Sales Commissions
Financial Analysis and Advice should be performed in a standard way globally where possible and the HoF shall use his/her expertise not only locally. As such the HoF will use his/her expertise in engaging, defining and leading global business advice and reporting standards under the supervision of the CFO.
- You should have worked as Head of Finance or Senior Financial Advisor role in a Consultancy company.
- You should have experience in the financial measurement and performance management of SaaS companies ideally in a fast-growing multi-national company group.
- Strong business process knowledge in the FinTech, Real Estate or Payment industry.
- Strong systems affinity with experience in Power BI or Tableau is an advantage
- Recognized accounting qualification (Chartered Accountant, ACA, CIMA) with 5 to 10 years post qualification experience
- Excellent team player who is very comfortable working as part of a global team located in different countries.
- Seniority, strong presence, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
What's in it for you?
If you would like to be a part of a fast-growing international FinTech organisation and help us build a leading company with an amazing culture, get in touch!